Interested to see where one of the wealthiest men in the world invests his money? Cascade Investments is run by Microsoft man Bill Gates, and managed by Michael Larson, a value investor. Cascade manages close to $500 million and is based out of Kirkland, WA.
Most know Bill as the majority shareholder in Microsoft (MSFT), but it has been rumored that a decent amount of his fortune is this fund. Gates is a smart guy, following his moves if nothing else can provide insight into the financial thinking process of a genius.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
Main Street investors often feel more confident in their own stock picks when they receive the same attention from the “smart money” like Cascade. For those who are fans of Bill Gates, here’s a look at the top valued companies that his investment firm is holding.
Do you think this “smart money” is in the right place? List sorted by market cap:
Use the Compar-O-Matic to see average analyst recommendations for the stocks mentioned below (data provided by Zacks)
2. Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de C.V. (KOF, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Produces, markets, and distributes Coca-Cola trademark beverages and brands. Market cap at $25.18B, most recent closing price at $124.0.
4. Republic Services, Inc. (RSG, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides nonhazardous solid waste collection, transfer, and disposal services in the United States. Market cap at $9.83B, most recent closing price at $26.55.
8. Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (BEE, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc., a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership and asset management of upper upscale and luxury hotels in North America and Europe. Market cap at $1.24B, most recent closing price at $6.07.
9. Otter Tail Corporation (OTTR, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in electric and nonelectric operations in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $847.59M, most recent closing price at $23.44.
10. Fisher Communications, Inc. (FSCI, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Fisher Communications, Inc., an integrated media company, through its subsidiaries, engages in television and radio broadcasting businesses. Market cap at $275.68M, most recent closing price at $31.08.
(Written by Ryan Horch)
Use Kapitall’s Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall’s tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Fomento Econ (FMX, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de C.V. (KOF, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. (TV, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Arch Capital Group Ltd. (ACGL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Republic Services, Inc. (RSG, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- AutoNation Inc. (AN, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- GAMCO Investors, Inc. (GBL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (BEE, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Otter Tail Corporation (OTTR, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Fisher Communications, Inc. (FSCI, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.