On Kapitall.Com, members are empowered to explore investing ideas based on fundamental criteria. To get started with an instant list of companies by characteristics, select:
- Explore Stocks
- Trader Radar
Trader Radar lists may be analyzed immediately or saved to the playground for regular analysis. The lists available are:
- High / Low Growth (click on link to read about these stocks)
- High / Low Risk
- Up / Down Momentum
- High/Low Debt
- High Dividend
From the Kapitall-generated list of high risk, the large-capitalization companies have the highest Zacks quantitative risk score. They are characterized with having an Average Price of Profit of 20 and an Average 1-Year Return of 29%.
A word of caution: auto-generated stock lists are a starting point for investors to create watch lists. Investors may dig deeper, by running a company snapshot and a number cruncher. The number cruncher provides data on the financials and the SEC filings. These filings provide a past snapshot of company performance, but give investors an edge: few investors read SEC filings.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
Nokia (NOK) is identified as a high-risk investment, and rightfully so. The company is undergoing a major transition that began early last year. Since releasing a Windows Phone-based Lumia device in partnership with Microsoft (MSFT), Nokia is gearing up for a Windows Phone 8 release.
In the short-term, Nokia has much upside up until the device is released. Marketing efforts from Microsoft for the phone and for Windows 8 for desktop will benefit Nokia.
1. Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (MLNX, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of interconnect products primarily in North America, Israel, Europe, and Asia. Market cap at $4.44B, most recent closing price at $106.82. A maker of chips used in networking gear, Mellanox has proven its ability to provide networking solutions in mainstream data center applications.
2. Fossil, Inc. (FOSL, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, develops, markets, and distributes fashion accessories worldwide. Market cap at $5.35B, most recent closing price at $87.91. Tiffany (TIF) reported weak earnings recently, suggesting weakness is possible in the consumer sector.
3. MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (PCS, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): A wireless telecommunications carrier, together with its subsidiaries, provides wireless broadband mobile services in the United States. Market cap at $4.28B, most recent closing price at $11.78. This stock is up near a 52-week high, ralling well-above its low by 110%.
5. Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides cable services to residential and commercial customers in the United States. Market cap at $7.7B, most recent closing price at $76.37.
7. Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation PLC (EURNY, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): A diversified natural resources group. The Company is engaged in integrated mining, processing, energy, logistical and marketing operations. It operates in Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Brazil and Africa.
10. Scor SE (SCRYY, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Offers life, accident, property/casualty, health, and special needs reinsurance. The France-based company offers services through subsidiaries in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
To interact and discuss these picks with users, attach your watch list or portfolio to your friends on Kapitall. Message the author. He is ranked sixth (by points) on the all-time leaderboard. The leaderboard is located on your score icon -> Leaderboard. Members on Kapitall earn free points, and even more points with every Kapitall Generation trade. These points may be redeemed for goods at the Kapitall store.
Use Kapitall’s Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall’s tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (MLNX, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Fossil, Inc. (FOSL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (PCS, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Nexen Inc. (NXY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- China Shenhua Energy Co Ltd (CSUAY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation PLC (EURNY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Nokia Corporation (NOK, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Ogx Petroleo e Gas Participacoes SA (OGXPY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Scor SE (SCRYY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.