It’s time to get your Madness on and your brackets filled. March Madness kicks off with the First Four in Dayton, Ohio this Tuesday. Whether or not you think your bracket will be the one to beat, the season always means billions of dollars of economic impact, advertising, and sponsorships –it’s a major economic event. For a closer look at the sponsors of NCAA’s March Madness, read below. (STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE: Follow Kapitall on Twitter)
Sponsorships benefit both the company sponsors as well as the non-profit institutions to which they donate. The company receives big advertising usually through commercials and hosting fan events, and in exchange they often make donations to various non-profits in the name of the players and coaches.
Here are some of this year’s most notable sponsors:
UPS, an official NCAA corporate partner, and sports flooring maker Connor Sport Court International have announced a seven-city tour to showcase the basketball court to be used in the Men’s Final Four in New Orleans.
Infiniti (owned by Nissan (NSANY) has announced their “Round by Round” Bracket Challenge to benefit Coaches vs. Cancer, a collaboration between the American Cancer Society and the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC).
LG Electronics will be engaging in its fourth year as a corporate sponsor of the NCAA, hosting “a number of fan events providing hands-on opportunities with LG’s latest consumer electronics products, home appliances and smartphones,” according to TWICE.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
Do you think these companies will be greatly benefited by their involvement in March Madness?
For a closer look at the publicly traded names listed in the article, we list their stocks below.
Interactive Chart: Use the Compar-O-Matic to compare market caps for the stocks mentioned below:
1. The Allstate Corporation (ALL, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the personal property and casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement, and investment products businesses primarily in the United States. Price at $31.84.Market cap at $15.78B.
2. Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. (NSANY, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the manufacture and sale of automotive products, industrial machinery, and marine equipment primarily in Japan, North America, and Europe. Price at $20.50.Market cap at $41.80B.
3. United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides transportation, logistics, and financial services in the United States and internationally. Price at $77.66.Market cap at $73.97B.
(Written by Alexander Crawford.)
Use Kapitall’s Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall’s tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- The Allstate Corporation (ALL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. (NSANY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter