Today we add the long-awaited list of the month’s most traded stocks. In doing so we hope to shed some light on the Kapitall community’s interests and investing behavior.
A few things of note: The Kapitall community is largely composed of buy and hold investors, although there are a fair share of active ones.
Between August 15th and September 15th the top most purchased stocks were (in order): Facbeook, Apple, Nokia, Sprint, Amarin and Zynga. In the same period the most sold stocks were: Facebook, Sprint, Apple and Nokia. Note the consistency in names and order.
Below we list the most traded stocks (aggregates buy and sell activity). List sorted by volume, with Facebook as the most traded of all equities.
1. Facebook, Inc. (FB, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Market cap at $46.85B, most recent closing price at $21.87. Shares continue to free up as more lockups expire. Meanwhile, Zuckerberg has hinted that Facebook is exploring mobile ad products and potential search capabilities.
2. Apple Inc. (AAPL, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, mobile communication and media devices, and portable digital music players, as well as sells related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications worldwide. Market cap at $657.98B, most recent closing price at $701.91. Pre-sales of the iPhone 5 exceeded expectations hitting 2 million. The stock broke $700 a share on the news.
3. Sprint Nextel Corp. (S, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Offers wireless and wireline communications products. Market cap at $15.57B, most recent closing price at $5.19. Sprint is rolling out it’s 4G LTE network in some new markets as part of its “”Network Vision”" project, generating savings.
4. Nokia Corporation (NOK, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides Internet and digital mapping and navigation services worldwide. Market cap at $11.12B, most recent closing price at $2.90. Recent launch of Lumia phones was weak without release dates, retail pricing expectations, and confirmed cell phone carriers though there is optimism for the phone.
5. Amarin Corporation plc (AMRN, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Focuses on developing treatments for cardiovascular diseases. Market cap at $2.08B, most recent closing price at $14.0. Stock has hovered a bit as the FDA delayed granting Amarin’s fish oil drug, Vascepa, New Chemical Entity status making it hard to assess the full value of the drug.
6. Zynga, Inc. (ZNGA, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Market cap at $2.34B, most recent closing price at $3.08. This week Zynga made a new acquisition shelling out over 20 million for A Bit Lucky, a games developer.
7. Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, manufactures, and sells Internet protocol (IP)-based networking and other products related to the communications and information technology industry worldwide. Market cap at $100.78B, most recent closing price at $19.05. Cisco adds new cloud-related products and services mainly to increase security around the technology.
8. Microsoft Corporation (MSFT, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $261.39B, most recent closing price at $31.18. Microsoft has announced an increase in quarterly dividends as it continues to improve capturing revenue through search engine, Bing’s, advertising.
Use Kapitall’s Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall’s tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Facebook, Inc. (FB, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (S, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Nokia Corporation (NOK, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Amarin Corporation plc (AMRN, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Zynga, Inc. (ZNGA, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.