Another alternative energy, wind farms, are popping up all over the U.S. The largest wind farm in the world now lies in a valley outside of Los Angeles and brings a whopping 1,320 MWs of energy to the grid.
The stocks in this list are still young. Operating margins and net profit margins remain compressed in this industry due to the high cost of operating and developing the technology. However, the trends are positive for most companies in this sector as they continue to manage their costs of revenue. Keep on blowing wind!
List of wind energy stocks:
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Interactive Chart: Use the Compar-O-Matic to view monthly return for the companies listed below over the last two years:
1. American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides wind turbine designs and electrical control systems primarily in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. Market cap at $139.82M, most recent closing price at $2.43.
2. Broadwind Energy, Inc. (BWEN, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides products and services to the energy, mining, and infrastructure sector customers primarily in the United States. Market cap at $57.97M, most recent closing price at $4.04.
3. China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Limited (MY, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, manufactures, sells, and services megawatt-class wind turbines in China. Market cap at $152.31M, most recent closing price at $1.25.
–Freda Ding, Rebecca Lipman
Looking for more ways to invest in Green industries? Check out these lists:
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Broadwind Energy, Inc. (BWEN, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Limited (MY, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Zoltek Companies Inc. (ZOLT, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter