The Word of the Day is dividend, so here's a dividend screen for all the income investors out there.
Dividends are frequently on investors' minds, but we're bringing extra attention to this source of income today. In the spirit of the word of the day, the stocks below are all dividend stocks—with dividend yields over 2 percent—and they're all going ex-dividend over the next week.
A stock's ex-dividend date is the last day an investor has to purchase shares of a company's stock in order to receive a dividend payment. If you're interested in dividend stocks, these dates are pretty important.
On top of that, each of these stocks is undervalued relative to its cash flow as indicated by a high levered free cash flow/enterprise value (LFCF/EV) ratio.
This ratio—which divides a company's post-interest-payments-on-outstanding-debt free cash flow by the sum of its market cap, debt, minority interest and preferred shares—lets investors know how much money a company has on hand for business growth and dividend payments. When that ratio is greater than 10 percent, the stock may be undervalued.
Click on the interactive chart to view data over time.
1. Electro Rent Corporation (ELRC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the rental, lease, and sale of new and used electronic test and measurement equipment. Market cap at $248.75M, most recent closing price at $10.33.
Dividend yield at 7.74%.
Levered free cash flow at $53.83M vs. enterprise value at $242.31M (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 22.%).
Electro Rent Corporation’s ex-dividend date is on Wednesday, Mar 18.
2. H&R Block Inc. (HRB, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides tax preparation, retail banking, and various business advisory and consulting services. Market cap at $8.74B, most recent closing price at $31.58.
Dividend yield at 2.53%.
Levered free cash flow at $1.08B vs. enterprise value at $8.25B (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 13.%).
H&R Block’s ex-dividend date is on Thursday, March 12.
3. Just Energy Group Inc. (JE, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Primarily retails natural gas and electricity in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Market cap at $707.79M, most recent closing price at $4.74.
Dividend yield at 8.42%.
Levered free cash flow at $277.12M vs. enterprise value at $1.22B (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 23.%).
Just Energy Group’s ex-dividend date is on Thursday, March 12.
Dividend yield at 3.59%.
Levered free cash flow at $252.01M vs. enterprise value at $2.15B (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 12.%).
Sibanye Gold Limited’s ex-dividend date is on Wednesday, March 18.
5. Spok Holdings Inc. (SPOK, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides various communications solutions to healthcare, government, public safety, and other industries in the United States, Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Middle East. Market cap at $376.06M, most recent closing price at $17.06.
Dividend yield at 2.93%.
Levered free cash flow at $28.31M vs. enterprise value at $266.32M (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 11.%).
Spok Holdings’ ex-dividend date is on Monday, March 16.
(List compiled by Mary-Lynn Cesar. Monthly return data sourced from Zacks Investment Research. Levered free cash flow data sourced from Yahoo! Finance. All other data sourced from FINVIZ.)
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Electro Rent Corporation (ELRC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- H&R Block Inc. (HRB, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Just Energy Group Inc. (JE, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Sibanye Gold Limited (SBGL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Spok Holdings Inc. (SPOK, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
© Kapitall, Inc. All rights reserved. Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall, Inc. Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.
Kapitall Wire offers free cutting edge investing ideas, intended for educational information purposes only. It should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell securities, or any other product or service provided by Kapitall Inc., and its affiliate companies.
Open a free account today get access to virtual cash portfolios, cutting-edge tools, stock market insights, and a live brokerage platform through our affiliated company, Kapitall Generation, LLC.