Looking to trade technology stocks that offer dividend income and show the potential to rise in vale? We created a stock list with this in mind.
We began by screening the technology industry for stocks that are rallying above their 20-day, 50-day, and 200-day moving averages, indicating that these stocks have strong upward momentum. But will it continue?
We then screened for those with bullish sentiment from institutional investors, with significant net institutional purchases over the last quarter representing at least 5% of share float. This indicates that institutional investors such as hedge fund managers and mutual fund managers expect these names to outperform into the future.
Only three rallying dividend technology stocks made the final list below.
Institutional money mangers expect these stocks to outperform. Do you agree with this sentiment? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis. Read descriptions for all companies mentioned.
1. ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. (IMOS, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides semiconductor testing and assembly services for LCD and other flat-panel display driver semiconductors, as well as for advanced memory and logic/mixed-signal products. Market cap at $425.48M, most recent closing price at $12.54.
Dividend yield at 1.12%.
The stocks is currently rallying 9.01% above its 20-day MA, 11.59% above its 50-day MA and 8.26% above its 200-day MA.
Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 1.4M shares, which represents about 9.56% of the company's float of 14.65M shares.
2. Iron Mountain Inc. (IRM, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides information management and related services for various media in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. Market cap at $6.93B, most recent closing price at $36.44.
Dividend yield at 2.96%. Payout ratio: 103.61%.
The stocks is currently rallying 0.67% above its 20-day MA, 3.47% above its 50-day MA and 14.83% above its 200-day MA.
Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 17.3M shares, which represents about 10.25% of the company's float of 168.75M shares.
3. Western Digital Corp. (WDC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of hard drives worldwide. Market cap at $12.22B, most recent closing price at $50.78.
Dividend yield at 1.97%. Payout ratio: 5.81%.
The stocks is currently rallying 1.1% above its 20-day MA, 3.6% above its 50-day MA and 24.22% above its 200-day MA.
Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 17.3M shares, which represents about 8.08% of the company's float of 214.16M shares.
- Rebecca Lipman, Kapitall
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)