It’s been a bad year for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), whose stock's one-year return is -82%. On Wednesday August 1 the coffee company will report its third quarter earnings and analysts are predicting significant gains from last year’s corresponding earnings.
GMCR is due to lose key patents on its K-cups and Keurig home brewing machine this fall. Still, the expected EPS is $0.49, an 11.4% increase from last year’s third quarter, and revenue is expected to reach $874.1 million up 21.9% from last year.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
One of the leaders in the coffee industry, Starbucks (SBUX), missed on its earnings report. Investors will be hoping that this is not an industry trend and GMCR can beat or at least meet the expectations. The stock could really use the positivity.
Use the Turbo Chart to compare stock performance of GMCR and SBUX over the last month:
2. Starbucks Corporation (SBUX, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates approximately 16,858 stores, including 8,833 company-operated stores and 8,025 licensed stores. Market cap at $35.56B, most recent closing price at $46.88.
3. Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. (PEET, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as a specialty coffee roaster and marketer of fresh roasted whole bean coffee and tea in the United States. Market cap at $1.B, most recent closing price at $75.50.
Compare average analyst recommendations here, more tools available on Kapitall.com
(Written by Ryan Horch)
Use Kapitall's Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall's tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (GMCR, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Starbucks Corporation (SBUX, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. (PEET, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.