Want to party like a rockstar? Or at least pretend that you can party like them? Well then you may be partial to certain liquor brands like Ciroc and Conjure Cognac, or Coors Light if you prefer beer. These are all among a growing legion of alcohol brands that have been linked with celebrity endorsements as these companies try to remake their images and appeal to new demographics.
For years now, liquor sales have been taking market share away from beer. With the help of hip-hop superstars Diddy and Ludacris endorsing Ciroc Vodka and Conjure Cognac, respectfully, it is not difficult to see how the luxury and success these artists represents would appeal to young people and how their products could be seen as an efficient and classy way to enjoy a drink.
Additionally, 21st Century Renaissance man Justin Timberlake joined the list of celebrities who have dipped into the liquor market with their own brands when he introduced 901 Silver Tequila. Other beverages such as Old Whisky River Bourbon have gone with more senior artists, in this case Willie Nelson, to convey a sense of refinement and experience.
In order to combat the rise of liquors, Coors Light for one has enlisted Ice Cube in an effort to market their mainstream, somewhat vanilla brand of light beer. Ice Cube, who some consider to be the greatest MC of all time, has a persona that Coors Light hopes will appeal to an edgier and more urban crowd than the middle-America, "cold as the Rockies" audience that most people think of when they think of the Coors Brewing Company (TAP) staple.
Business Section: Investment Insider
Do celebrity endorsements entice you to purchase certain alcoholic beverages? And would you invest in a company that follows this method of marketing its product? Listed below are some of the largest alcohol manufacturers in the world.
Interactive Chart: Use the Compar-O-Matic to compare analyst ratings for the stocks mentioned below:
2. Companhia de Bebidas Das Americas (ABV, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the production, distribution, and sale of beer, draft beer, carbonated soft drinks, malt, and other non-alcoholic and non-carbonated products in the Americas. Market cap at $114.16B, most recent closing price at $36.60.
3. Boston Beer Co. Inc. (SAM, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Produces and sells alcohol beverages primarily in the United States, Canada, Europe, Israel, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, and Mexico. Market cap at $1.47B, most recent closing price at $114.30.
4. Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in brewing and selling beer in North America, Latin America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. Market cap at $124.1B, most recent closing price at $77.26.
6. Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Produces, bottles, sells, and distributes beverages in Chile and Argentina. Market cap at $4.1B, most recent closing price at $64.44.
8. Constellation Brands Inc. (STZ, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Produces and markets alcoholic beverages primarily in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand. Market cap at $5.16B, most recent closing price at $29.12.
9. Diageo plc (DEO, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in producing, distilling, brewing, bottling, packaging, distributing, developing, and marketing spirits, beer, and wine products. Market cap at $65.39B, most recent closing price at $104.38.
Written by Dan Connelly
Use Kapitall's Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall's tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Companhia de Bebidas Das Americas (ABV, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Boston Beer Co. Inc. (SAM, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Craft Brew Alliance, Inc. (BREW, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Beam, Inc. (BEAM, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Constellation Brands Inc. (STZ, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Diageo plc (DEO, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.