If there’s one thing American’s love to do, its satisfy their sweet tooth with candy and soda. However, these products do not exactly conform with the hope of a long and healthy life. Yet improvements in medical technology are increasingly able to treat the inevitable side effects of obesity-related illnesses, all while reaping in a healthy profit.
Buffett, renowned to have a soft spot for sugar, makes a strange bedfellow for the company considering his other top investments in CocoCola (KO) and Kraft Foods (KFT) contribute to obesity and help lead people to the dialysis clinic. On the other hand, one could make the argument that Berkshire is once again being sneakily brilliant in playing both sides of the health card.
Business Section: Investment Ideas
While this synergy is hardly new news, it’s worth reminding of the trend, and showing that the big names are not slow on jumping on the bandwagon. Is this obesity hedge something we should all be considering?
Use this chart comparing the performance of DVA against the S&P500 index
Below is a more information on companies that Buffet company, Berkshire Hathaway, has a significant stake in.
3. Kraft Foods Inc. (KFT, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets packaged food products worldwide. Market cap at $68.65B, most recent closing price at $38.72.
Written by Dan Connelly
Use Kapitall’s Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall’s tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- DaVita, Inc. (DVA, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- The Coca-Cola Company (KO, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Kraft Foods Inc. (KFT, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.