Among the many outstanding features of Kapitall.com is the ability for users to see what stocks others in the Kapitall community are viewing and trading.
When it comes to the most viewed the list is largely populated with the usual suspects: Apple (AAPL), Amazon (AMZN), Bank of America (BAC), Microsoft (MSFT) and so on. There are also the occasional surprise name that tops the charts due to recent news.
We thought it interesting to compare the list of Kapitall’s most viewed with Kapitall’s 10 most held stocks (by number of portfolios, not shares). For the most part there’s a strong overlap. Among some others, Apple, Cisco (CSCO) and Facebook (FB) top both lists.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
The 10 most viewed list stocks of the last month have an average return of 25%. The 10 most held have a 23% average return. It it led by Apple with an 87.7% 1-year return and dragged by Facebook, down 54.78% since its IPO and Nokia’s -51% 1-year return.
Below is the list of the top-ten held stocks on Kapitall along with a brief explanation of what the firm has been up to lately.
1. Facebook, Inc. (FB, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): The firm is continuing to slowly recover from its IPO debacle in May and is continuing to try to facilitate new ways for business to connect with customers in order to maximize advertising revenue.
5. Bank of America Corporation (BAC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides banking and financial services to individuals, small- and middle-market businesses, corporations, and governments primarily in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $88.59B, most recent closing price at $8.22.
6. Zynga, Inc. (ZNGA, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Market cap at $2.48B, most recent closing price at $3.26. The CEO announced a goal to cross over more seriously into mobile and reach a billion players.
7. Nokia Corporation (NOK, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides Internet and digital mapping and navigation services worldwide. Market cap at $11.04B, most recent closing price at $2.88. Nokia will announce two Windows Phone 8 devices on Sep. 5, sources tell The Verge.
8. Intel Corporation (INTC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of integrated circuits for computing and communications industries worldwide. Market cap at $128.73B, most recent closing price at $25.73.
9. General Electric Company (GE, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as a technology, service, and finance company worldwide. Market cap at $219.41B, most recent closing price at $20.78. Seeking Alpha reports “European unit Opel reaches an agreement with unions to halt production for a total of 20 days between September and the end of 2012 at two of its four German plants as the carmaker looks to cope with falling demand in the region.”
10. Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, manufactures, and sells Internet protocol (IP)-based networking and other products related to the communications and information technology industry worldwide. Market cap at $102.96B, most recent closing price at $19.22. Cisco reported stellar earnings and boosted the entire information technology with it.
Interactive Chart: Use the Compar-O-Matic to compare analyst ratings for the stocks mentioned below:
Written by Rebecca Lipman
Use Kapitall’s Tools: Looking for ways to analyze this list?
Use this article snapshot as a launch pad (click here for help): Simply click on the links, and use Kapitall’s tab navigation to browse through the data…
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Facebook, Inc. (FB, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Ford Motor Co. (F, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Zynga, Inc. (ZNGA, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Nokia Corporation (NOK, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Intel Corporation (INTC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- General Electric Company (GE, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter
ABOUT KAPITALL WIRE
Kapitall Wire, which is not a broker/dealer, offers free cutting edge investing ideas, lively commentary and timely analysis of companies enhanced by interactive tools. And the Investing 101 section breaks complex concepts down to their basics, offering education to novices that doubles as a refresher course for more seasoned investors.
Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall Inc. Securities products and services are offered by Kapitall Generation, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC . Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.