With 21 women CEOs running Fortune 500 companies, women are slowly breaking through the glass ceiling.
Did you know that yesterday was National Women's Equality Day? Celebrated since 1971, the holiday commemorates the passage of the 19th amendment – the culmination of the American suffrage movement which gave women the right to vote in 1920.
One of our Kapitall users took the occasion to point out that, among all of our socially conscious "responsible investing screens" we neglected to build one dedicated to glass ceiling breakers – companies with women CEOs. Well Kapitallists – ask and ye shall receive. We compiled a list of publicly traded companies that are all run by women, and while gender equality may not have come as far as we would prefer, many of these companies are household names.
To narrow down our list, we screened for profitability by measuring return on investment (ROI). Next we searched for positive dividend yields, since their stock prices are unlikely to change very much.
We were left with seven stocks on our list.
Click on the interactive charts below to view dividend yields over time and to save this list on your Kapitall playground.
Does having a female CEO make these companies intriguing investments? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis.
1. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (CBRL, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the operation and development of the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store restaurant and retail concept in the United States. Market cap at $2.4B, most recent closing price at $100.97.
Dividend Yield: 2.97%
2. Campbell Soup Co. (CPB, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the manufacture and marketing of branded convenience food products worldwide. Market cap at $14.26B, most recent closing price at $45.40.
Dividend Yield: 2.56%
Dividend Yield: 3.53%
4. International Business Machines Corp. (IBM, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. Market cap at $203.38B, most recent closing price at $184.74.
Dividend Yield: 2.06%.
5. Pepsico, Inc. (PEP, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of foods, snacks, and carbonated and non-carbonated beverages worldwide. Market cap at $123.36B, most recent closing price at $79.69.
Dividend Yield: 2.56%
Dividend Yield: 4.54%
7. The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $39.37B, most recent closing price at $54.03.
Dividend Yield: 1.07%
(List compiled by James Dennin. All financial information sourced from Finviz.)
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.(CBRL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Campbell Soup Co.(CPB, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company(DD, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- International Business Machines Corp.(IBM, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Pepsico, Inc.(PEP, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP(RGC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- The TJX Companies, Inc.(TJX, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
© Kapitall, Inc. All rights reserved. Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall, Inc. Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.
Kapitall Wire offers free cutting edge investing ideas, intended for educational information purposes only. It should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell securities, or any other product or service provided by Kapitall Inc., and its affiliate companies.
Open a free account today get access to virtual cash portfolios, cutting-edge tools, stock market insights, and a live brokerage platform through our affiliated company, Kapitall Generation, LLC.