Six states will start testing drones for commercial use. Amazon is pleased, but what about other stocks?
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) just approved six different states to set up drone test centers. The new facilities will be focused on developing drones for civilian and commercial use.
After Jeff Bezos drew huge amounts of attention when he announced on 60 Minutes that Amazon (AMZN) was looking into delivering its goods using unmanned air-craft, a wave of detractors quickly voiced their skepticism. After all, keeping track of all the manned planes in the air seems to be more than enough work for regulators.
Could adding millions of small, harder-to-track aircraft to the skies be safe, or even plausible?
Increasingly the answer seems to be yes. And with online retailers exploring everything from drones to apps to instant delivery, it seems like this trend will be more than just a flight of fancy.
We decided to make a list of stocks that manufacture drones, or technology used in drones, to track their performance as this new method for delivery takes off.
Click on the interactive chart to view data over time.
Do you see any investing opportunities in stocks that manufacture drones? Use the list below to begin your own analysis.
1. Northrop Grumman Corporation (NOC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides products, services, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding, and technical service sectors. Market cap at $25.33B, most recent closing price at $114.17.
2. AeroVironment, Inc. (AVAV, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, develops, produces, and supports unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and efficient energy systems for various industries and governmental agencies. Market cap at $647.25M, most recent closing price at $28.50.
3. Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, operation, and sustainment of advanced technology systems and products in the areas of defense, space, intelligence, and security. Market cap at $46.77B, most recent closing price at $148.13.
4. Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides technical, engineering, and enterprise information technology (IT) services in the United States. Market cap at $1.59B, most recent closing price at $32.20.
5. Textron Inc. (TXT, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates in the aircraft, defense, automobile, industrial, and finance businesses worldwide. Market cap at $10.23B, most recent closing price at $36.61.
6. General Dynamics Corp. (GD, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides business aviation, combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions, military and commercial shipbuilding, and communications and information technology products and services worldwide. Market cap at $32.21, most recent closing price at $95.00.
(List compiled by James Dennin. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Invesment Research, all other data sourced from Finviz.)
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Northrop Grumman Corporation(NOC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- AeroVironment, Inc.(AVAV, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation(LMT, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Science Applications International Corporation(SAIC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Textron Inc.(TXT, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- General Dynamics Corp.(GD, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
© Kapitall, Inc. All rights reserved. Kapitall Wire is a division of Kapitall, Inc. Kapitall Generation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kapitall, Inc.
Kapitall Wire offers free cutting edge investing ideas, intended for educational information purposes only. It should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell securities, or any other product or service provided by Kapitall Inc., and its affiliate companies.
Open a free account today get access to virtual cash portfolios, cutting-edge tools, stock market insights, and a live brokerage platform through our affiliated company, Kapitall Generation, LLC.