Are you an investor who likes to follow the big guns? If so, this list could be a great place to start your search for quality stocks. We ran a screen to find stocks have "Buy" ratings from both nationally recognized investment banking firms Needham & Company and Canaccord Genuity.
Inexperienced investors can feel more confident in this list because the ratings come from professionals who perform exhaustive research in their fields.
More Bullish Signs
Of the three below, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR) is also experiencing insider buying. This is significant because those who work for the company are buying up shares, they may know something outside investors don’t.
RDA Microelectronics (RDA) is seeing encouraging accounts receivables, which means that the payments to the firm are coming up front at increasing rates which constitutes healthier revenue.
Along with the buy ratings both of these indicators are considered bullish signs.
Interactive Chart: Use the Turbo Chart to see how the prices have changed for the companies listed above over the last year.
1. Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AEGR, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat severe lipid disorders. Market cap at $1.11B, most recent closing price at $38.49.
On 05/22/2012, Needham had a Buy rating on the stock and on 03/26/2012, Canaccord Genuity had a Buy rating on the stock.
Over the last six months, insiders were net buyers of 624,767 shares, which represents about 2.93% of the company's 21.34M share float.
On 11/01/2012, Needham had a Strong Buy rating on the stock and on 07/30/2012, Canaccord Genuity had a Buy rating on the stock.
3. RDA Microelectronics, Inc. (RDA, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Designs, develops, and markets radio-frequency and mixed-signal semiconductors for cellular, broadcast, and connectivity applications. Market cap at $447.53M, most recent closing price at $10.54.
On 08/06/2012, Needham had a Strong Buy rating on the stock and on 08/10/2012, Canaccord Genuity had a Buy rating on the stock. Revenue grew by 40.37% during the most recent quarter ($115.61M vs. $82.36M y/y).
Accounts receivable grew by -26.93% during the same time period ($31.72M vs. $43.41M y/y). Receivables, as a percentage of current assets, decreased from 18.97% to 14.93% during the most recent quarter (comparing 3 months ending 2012-12-31 to 3 months ending 2011-12-31).
(Written by Ryan Horch)
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AEGR, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Cirrus Logic Inc. (CRUS, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- RDA Microelectronics, Inc. (RDA, Chart, Download SEC Filings)