On Kapitall.com, members are empowered to explore investing ideas based on fundamental criteria. To get started with an instant list of companies by characteristics, select:
1. Explore Stocks
2. Trader Radar
Trader Radar lists may be analyzed immediately or saved to the playground for regular analysis. There are 10 lists available. To read past coverage on the first three radar lists, click on link to read more:
Radar List: Up Momentum
The Kapitall-generated list of companies with “up momentum” are nearest their 52-week high. These companies happen to be characterized with an Average Price of Profit of 28 and an Average 1-Year Return of 376%. Companies trading at near their annual highs are generally not good investment ideas for value investors. Value investors tend to look for least-favored, least-watched companies trading at well-below their highs. Momentum traders and growth investors might be more interested in these companies. The investors would expect more upside in the future.
Click play to view the return of these for 9 of these companies since 2011 (Kapitall compar-o-matic tool displays a maximum of 9 companies):
A word of caution: auto-generated stock lists are a starting point for investors to create watch lists. Investors may dig deeper, by running a company snapshot and a number cruncher. The number cruncher provides data on the financials and the SEC filings. These filings provide a past snapshot of company performance, but their easy availability on Kapitall give investors an edge. Few investors read SEC filings, so by reading them, you are well ahead of everyone else.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
The Low Risk Radar List represented 5 of the 17 sectors. The primary driver for stocks over the next few weeks will be quarterly earnings.
The 10 companies on the Kapitall list as of October 5 2012 are the following (sorted by POP) with a diversification score of 53%. Investors should pay attention to the earnings dates for these companies:
1. Pharmacyclics Inc. (PCYC, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on developing and commercializing small-molecule drugs for the treatment of immune mediated disease and cancer. This company has 6 Phase II and III fully initiated. Its study for chronic lymphatic leukemia recently closed. This triggered $100 million in milestone payments, with $250 million earned in total. The company may receive an additional $725 million in milestone payments.
2. Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. (LL, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as a specialty retailer of hardwood flooring in the United States.This is a flooring store chain. It is a top-rated company within the retail/wholesale building products sector. Improving home sales figures helped push shares higher.
5. Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ARNA, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing oral drugs in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory, and metabolic diseases. Arena is on a popular company to watch. Covered frequently on Kapitall, Arena received FDA approval for the treatment of obesity. The stock faced heavy selling pressure. Shares are slowly recovering from an August selloff.
6. CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (CX, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the production, marketing, distribution, and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and other construction materials worldwide. Cemex issued guidance that forecast higher earnings. Earnings will now be expected to rise 9% from the previous year, on a decline of 2% in sales. The company also completed refinancing that will make debt payments easier for the next four years.
8. Medivation, Inc. (MDVN, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Focuses on the development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and Huntington disease.
9. Synageva BioPharma Corp. (GEVA, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): A clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with life-threatening rare diseases and unmet medical need.
To interact and discuss these picks with users, attach your watch list or portfolio to your friends on Kapitall. Message the author. He is ranked sixth (by points) on the all-time leaderboard. The leaderboard is located on your score icon -> Leaderboard. Members on Kapitall earn free points, and even more points with every Kapitall Generation trade. These points may be redeemed for goods at the Kapitall store.
Analyze These Ideas: Getting Started
- Read descriptions for all companies mentioned
- Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list
- Compare analyst ratings for the companies mentioned
- Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned
- Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window)
Dig Deeper: Access Company Snapshots, Charts, Filings
- Pharmacyclics Inc. (PCYC, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. (LL, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- PulteGroup, Inc. (PHM, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- (AOIFF, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ARNA, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (CX, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Harbinger Group Inc. (HRG, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Medivation, Inc. (MDVN, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- Synageva BioPharma Corp. (GEVA, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
- USG Corporation (USG, Chart, Download SEC Filings)
New to Kapitall?
1. New to the site? Click here to register for a free account, and gain access to more tools and data
2. Looking for more investing ideas like this? Click here to sign up for your free copy of Kapitall Weekly
3. Follow us on SeekingAlpha, Motley Fool, Nasdaq and Twitter